Top Tips For New Video Poker Players
Of all the hands dealt only 21% are winning hands. It’s truth of video poker. The rest, which is 79%, are losers. The profitable video poker player knows what he must do with 70% of the hands dealt so that it becomes a winner.
There are some effective video poker tips in this article. Build your video poker strategy accordance to these tips. It increases your chance to get profit playing online or offline video poker.
Find a machine that pays 9 for a full house win and six for a flush win. It’s very important!
Find and play on the video poker machine with the lowest bet amount if you are a new player. Wait until you get better before playing on the higher bet video poker.
Take time to read every hand you get. Remember you’re not playing against another person, it will not intimidate you for playing too slowly.
Players don’t recognize that the jack is the most important card in the deck, not the Ace. A Jack gives you a lot more lucrative hands than an ace.
The variety of video poker you can play is almost endless, but all have their own pay tables that need specific strategies. The best way to start learning is to limit your choices to two.
Improve your game by playing on a local computer or in online casino using play money. If you train this way, you get to test your skills with zero risk.
Here are basic video poker strategy tips:
1. Don’t ever hold a kicker with your pair. This reduces your payoff by 5%
2. Don’t draw four cards, if you can get a royal flush drawing three.
3. Always stay on a winning five-card hand except when drawing a royal flush with one card.
4. Never break a flush to draw a straight flush even with one draw.
5. Always break your flush to draw a royal flush.
6. Don’t break your straight to draw for a straight flush.
7. Don’t draw five, if you’re holding Jacks or better.
8. Never leave a ten on a four card draw.
And the main tip is control you bankroll. Video poker and all other gambling games are entertainment. I know that Lady Luck comes to players who enjoy playing video poker.